"人鱼"晨读_religious

[提要]:找到了这个世界上我唯一能爱的人转载>原标题:晨读| 她是这个世界上我唯一能爱的人

The Little Mermaid (Excerpt)

海的女儿(节选)

"Yes, you are dear to me," said the prince;

“是的,你是我最亲爱的人!”王子说,

"for you have the best heart, and you are the most devoted to me;

“因为你在一切人中有一颗最善良的心。你对我是最亲爱的,

you are like a young maiden whom I once saw, but whom I shall never meet again.

你很像我某次看到过的一个年轻女子,可是我永远再也看不见她了。

I was in a ship that was wrecked, and the waves cast me ashore near a holy temple,

那时我是坐在一艘船上——这船已经沉了。巨浪把我推到一个神庙旁的岸上。

where several young maidens performed the service.

有几个年轻女子在那儿作祈祷。

The youngest of them found me on the shore, and saved my life.

她们最年轻的一位在岸旁发现了我,因此救了我的生命。

I saw her but twice, and she is the only one in the world whom I could love;

我只看到过她两次:她是我在这世界上能够爱的唯一的人,

but you are like her, and you have almost driven her image out of my mind.

但是你很像她,你几乎代替了她留在我的灵魂中的印象。

She belongs to the holy temple, and my good fortune has sent you to me instead of her;

她是属于这个神庙的,因此我的幸运特别把你送给我。

and we will never part."

让我们永远不要分离吧!”

"Ah, he knows not that it was I who saved his life," thought the little mermaid.

“啊,他却不知道我救了他的生命!”小人鱼想。

"I carried him over the sea to the wood where the temple stands:

“我把他从海里托出来,送到神庙所在的一个树林里。

I sat beneath the foam, and watched till the human beings came to help him.

我坐在泡沫后面,窥望是不是有人会来。我看到那个美丽的姑娘——

I saw the pretty maiden that he loves better than he loves me;" and the mermaid sighed deeply, but she could not shed tears.

他爱她胜过于爱我。”这时小人鱼深深地叹了一口气——她哭不出声来。……

"I must travel," he had said to her;

“我得去旅行一下!”他对她说过,

"I must see this beautiful princess; my parents desire it;

“我得去看一位美丽的公主,这是我父母的命令,

but they will not oblige me to bring her home as my bride.

但是他们不能强迫我把她作为未婚妻带回家来!

I cannot love her; she is not like the beautiful maiden in the temple, whom you resemble.

我不会爱她的。你很像神庙里的那个美丽的姑娘,而她却不像。

If I were forced to choose a bride, I would rather choose you,

如果我要选择新嫁娘的话,那么我就要先选你

my dumb foundling, with those expressive eyes."

——我亲爱的、有一双能讲话的眼睛的哑巴孤女。”

And then he kissed her rosy mouth, played with her long waving hair, and laid his head on her heart,

于是他吻了她鲜红的嘴唇,摸抚着她的长头发、把他的头贴到她的心上,

while she dreamed of human happiness and an immortal soul.

弄得她的这颗心又梦想起人间的幸福和一个不灭的灵魂来。……

The next morning the ship sailed into the harbor of a beautiful town belonging to the king whom the prince was going to visit.

第二天早晨,船开进邻国壮丽皇城的港口。

But the princess had not yet appeared.

可是公主还没有出现。

People said that she was being brought up and educated in a religious house,

人们说她在一个遥远的神庙里受教育,

where she was learning every royal virtue.

学习皇家的一切美德。

At last she came.

最后她终于到来了。

"It was you," said the prince, "who saved my life when I lay dead on the beach,"

“就是你!”王子说,“当我像一具死尸躺在岸上的时候,救活我的就是你!”

and he folded his blushing bride in his arms.

于是他把这位羞答答的新嫁娘紧紧地抱在自己的怀里。

"Oh, I am so happy," said he to the little mermaid;

“啊,我太幸福了!” 他对小人鱼说,

"my fondest hopes are all fulfilled. You will rejoice at my happiness;

“我从来不敢希望的最好的东西,现在终于成为事实了。你会为我的幸福而高兴吧,

for your devotion to me is great and sincere."

因为你是一切人中最喜欢我的人!”

The little mermaid kissed his hand, and felt as if her heart were already broken.

小人鱼把他的手吻了一下。她觉得她的心在碎裂。

His wedding morning would bring death to her, and she would change into the foam of the sea.

他举行婚礼后的头一个早晨就会带给她灭亡,就会使她变成海上的泡沫。……

The little mermaid drew back the crimson curtain of the tent,

小人鱼把那帐篷上紫色的帘子掀开,

and beheld the fair bride with her head resting on the prince’s breast.

看到那位美丽的新娘把头枕在王子的怀里睡着了。

She bent down and kissed his fair brow,

她弯下腰,在王子清秀的眉毛上亲了一吻,

then looked at the sky on which the rosy dawn grew brighter and brighter;

于是她向天空凝视——朝霞渐渐地变得更亮了。

then she glanced at the sharp knife, and again fixed her eyes on the prince,

她向尖刀看了一眼,接着又把眼睛掉向这个王子;

who whispered the name of his bride in his dreams.

他正在梦中喃喃地念着他的新嫁娘的名字。

She was in his thoughts, and the knife trembled in the hand of the little mermaid:

他思想中只有她存在。刀子在小人鱼的手里发抖。

then she flung it far away from her into the waves;

但是正在这时候,她把这刀子远远地向浪花里扔去。

the water turned red where it fell, and the drops that spurted up looked like blood.

刀子沉下的地方,浪花就发出一道红光,好像有许多血滴溅出了水面。

She cast one more lingering, half-fainting glance at the prince,

她再一次把她迷糊的视线投向这王子,

and then threw herself from the ship into the sea, and thought her body was dissolving into foam.

然后她就从船上跳到海里,她觉得她的身躯在融化成为泡沫。

朗读者:郑瑾

作者:安徒生

译者:叶君健

BGM:Road to Freedom返回搜狐,查看更多

责任编辑:

声明:该文观点仅代表作者本人,搜狐号系信息发布平台,搜狐仅提供信息存储空间服务。 阅读 ()

以上就是:晨读